Sampsonia Way Internships
Sampsonia Way is online magazine dedicated to fostering freedom of expression around the world and supporting the work of persecuted poets and writers around the world. Our internships offer students a unique opportunity to learn about online publishing in an interactive and highly educational environment. Interns do hands-on work, experience copy flow, professional edits, and conduct social media outreach. You will gain valuable experience working on interviews with noted journalists, writers, musicians, and filmmakers from around the world, as well as collaborating with diverse publications and organizations.
Our office is House Poem, which is located on Sampsonia Way in Pittsburgh’s Northside neighborhood.
Internship activities and duties
- Assist editors in proofreading and editing text in magazine, blog, interviews, excerpts, etc.
- Interview local and international writers
- Help contribute research for blog articles and write said articles
- Collaborate with marketing efforts using social media
- Contact bloggers and websites to provide material for Sampsonia Way
- Contact writers
- Build resume
- Gain professional experience in proofreading and marketing strategies
- Exposure to international community of writers
- Future letters of recommendation and references upon successful completion
- This is a primarily unpaid internship, but we do provide compensation for travel and academic credit
- 10-15 hours a week & reliable transportation to our Northside office
- Current junior or senior enrolled in a University’s English Program
- Able to provide writing samples
- Must be organized, independent, and posses proficient computer skills
- Extensive proofreading skills or experience (*experience preferred*)
- Familiarity with Gmail, Social Media, and SEO
- Knowledge of writing for advertising
- Understanding of the international community and issues with freedom of expression around the world
Send both a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filming and editing writer interviews for “The Writers’ Block” video series
- Filming upcoming City of Asylum events
- Designing text and title screens for the videos
- Archiving video footage.
- 10-15 hours a week and reliable transportation to our Northside office
- Current junior or senior enrolled in a Film or Video Arts program
- Experience with Final Cut, Photoshop
- Attention to detail
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com